The second annual STONEFEST kicks off this Friday, July 20th, at Bilger’s Rocks and runs through Sunday, July 22nd.
Miss Stonefest last year and not sure what it is? Stonefest is a huge music festival held at Bilger’s Rocks each summer showcasing three days of local & non-local underground music of all styles! All in a setting of beautiful wilderness right next to million year old rocks and caves. The festival also features food and craft vendors and the opportunity to experience and enjoy nature at its finest.
2012 STONEFEST Band Line-up:
12:00 – TBA
12:45 – On Skies of Red
1:30 – Scrap Kids
2:15 – Officer Down
3:00 – Easy Tiger
3:45 – Twisted and Used
4:30 – The Bees Trees
5:15 – Overdose on Vitamins
6:00 – Between Us & Them
6:45 – Irukandji
7:30 – Toxic Sunshine
8:15 – Pitfall Combat
9:00 – The Company You Keep
9:45 – Shady Ave.
10:30 – Chessie & the kittens
11:15 – ARTICA
12:00-1am – DJ Nick Fury & the 40oz Casualties
11:00 – Jennifer Bertiaux
11:45 – Willian James
12:00 – Landon Shaffer
12:45 – The Red Cadets
1:30 – Dutch Courage
2:15 – Take Over Soldiers
3:00 – Rainyday Burnride
3:45 – The Business Fairy
4:30 – Floridians Against Rising Tide (AKA) F.A.R.T.
5:15 - TBA
6:00 – X’s for Eyes
6:45 – Cowabunga Beetbox
7:30 – Wait for it
8:15 – The Wasted
9:00 – October Skys
10:30 – THE MAD CONDUCTOR
11:15 – The Stupid Stupid Henchmen
12:00-1am – 40$Boner(reunion)
11:15 – Gunther Botzman
12:00 - Conductor
12:45 – Travis Roy unplugged
2:15 – The Railroad City Murder Machines
3:00 – Halls Tainted Red
3:45 – Condition Oakland
4:30 – The Hospital Blues
5:15 – Black Mask
6:00 – Centralia
Here are some details, rules and information on the festival.
VENDOR info: $25 to set up for a day at stonefest, $50 for the weekend – that includes camping, (electric/water) – message Donnie Schwerdtfeger or Michael Bailey on facebook for further details.
- Anyone caught trying to sneak in will be asked to leave.
- Permission will be granted to drive to your camp site to unload only. When unloading is finished, you must park in the designated parking areas. No cars are allowed in the woods!
- If you are camping, no more than three (3) tents per site.
- One (1) fire per site only.
- NO fighting! If you fight, you leave. Period.
- NO glass.
- NO ONE is allowed in the rocks after dark. This rule is due to safety. If anyone gets hurt or severely injured, it would ruin the festival. If you do so, you will have to leave.
- Cutting down trees is prohibited.
- ALL proceeds go to Bilger’s Rocks.
- Designated community campfires will be set up for all to use. If you do make your own campsite fire at an undesignated spot, please use a fire ring or a fire pit (made of stones), and of course, all rules of campfires apply: If you are last to leave a fire, put it out.
Please remove any burnable foliage around the campfire.
Do not throw anything explosive or weirdly chemical in nature in it.
Humans do not belong in the fires (this includes jumping through them).
- DO NOT uproot, cut down, disfigure or disrupt the floral scenery in the area. All of the natural plant life is off limits to any/all with cruel intentions towards it.
Last year things went smooth and all had a great time. Let’s make this year even better. See you on the rocks.
For more info, visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/126355074139289/
(image courtesyof artesmagazine.com)